Sunday, January 29, 2012

Drama - I Am Legend

Genre: Music, Romance, Drama
Episodes: 16
Network: SBS
Broadcasted: August 2 - September 21, 2010
Lead Actors: Kim Jung Eun, Lee Jun Hyuk, Kim Seung Su

My Rating: ♥♥♥.5/5














Ok so no. There are no vampires. It doesn't take place in New York and there is no Will Smith. Let's get this straight from the start. It has absolutely no affiliation to the movie, it literally translates to I Am Legend.

I particularly liked this drama because it didn't follow the typical pretty boy/girl love story. In fact, there's not really much of the typical romance. I think the theme of older women going on to find a dream in their 30's is a recurring and often looked down upon thing in both cultures. Older women are supposed to take care of the children and be concerned about family, not pursuing a hard to reach dream of starting up a rock band. This drama really shows the hardships and prejudices these women face in a reality that I think is not too different.

This drama also has one of the most evil mother-in-law characters I've seen. I mean, this family she married into is soooooooo evil. They are ARROGANT and complete ASSHOLES. I was surprised she didn't get a divorce sooner. They did not like her so they treated her cruelly and then when she wanted a divorce, they wouldn't give it to her! All because they said it would ruin their reputation! Arghhh! I hate that! Ugh! So it is a terrible terrible battle in and out of court for her freedom.

Basic Synopsis:Jun Seol Hee is trapped in a horrible marriage with her uncaring husband and his awful family. She can't take it anymore and decides to divorce him to get back to her roots as a rock band guitar player. But it's not so easy to divorce and go their own ways. The arrogance of his family lead the two divorcees through a terrible trial...

No comments:

Post a Comment