Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Top K-Pop Songs of the Year!

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012! I desperately hope this year will be better than the last, let's be better and get some resolutions done! Just for the New Year, here are my personal list of top ten k-pop songs of the year. My decision was based mostly on the sound of the song and then by music video coolness. Lol.

#10 LOVE GIRL - CNBLUE

I have always loved CNBlue and this song was from their latest Korean album, FIRST STEP. Unfortunately, the boys are doing a lot of promotion for their Japanese album right now so nothing really new has come out for them in the last couple of months. The only thing is, this song really doesn't follow the "bad boy" image of their first hit from this album and is quite over the top with "cuteness".

#9 YOU AND I - IU

I only just started really listening to IU within the last couple months, but I think she is such a talented singer. She really pulls off the whimsical/fairytale look. Her album Last Fantasy just came out and it is great! The stress of producing it made her hair fall out but it was definately well worth it!

#8 TONIGHT - BIGBANG

These boys are the best! So talented and weird! This music video was shot in Vegas and San Diego, can't you tell?! Despite being set back with a slight scandal (G-Dragon caught smoking marijuana) their fans have been crazy supportive. And if you're wondering who's G-Dragon well, he's always the one with the weirdest outfit. LOL.

#7 BUBBLE POP - HYUNA

I consider this my personal summer song. Despite all the sexiness of the music video I believe Hyuna has major talent, dancing and singing. The song just creeps into your head and you catch yourself singing Bubble Bubble Bubble Pop! The English words in the music video make no sense...

#6 FICTION - B2ST

I don't really follow B2st but I just fell in love with this song when I saw the music video. It's easy to follow and has a great sound. The penguin/zombie/shuffle dance move really fits in with the song.

#5 IN THE NIGHT SKY - AFTER SCHOOL RED

I wish After School would continue to promote their sub units RED and BLUE. I just love the sound of After School RED and they're super sexy! This music video came out really hipster but I love this sub unit the best! Big fan of Nana!

#4 TROUBLE MAKER - TROUBLE MAKER

Cube Entertainment is coming out with a bunch of subunits formed from the groups currently under their contract. Hyuna from 4Minute and HyunSeung from Beast make up the group Trouble Maker. Their single TroubleMaker has a great sound, I love the whistling in the beginning and the Thriller tribute dance in the middle of it. Once again Hyuna plays up her sexy image, this time I think they were being a little unfair and should've given her an awesome dance too!

#3 SIXTH SENSE - BROWN EYED GIRLS

BEG! BEG! BEG! I love this group, all the members are going to be going solo, but will still maintain their group status. Every song they have come out with I have loved. It's been a while since they had a comeback, but it was well worth the wait! And that high note near the end is in three parts.

#2 BE MINE - INFINITE

Such great dancers and performers! I actually had three of their songs on my list but decided I should get a little more variety in here. I have never seen a group of people perform so n'sync before! Wonderful!

#1 I AM THE BEST - 2NE1

And of course! 2NE1!!! It was a huge year for these girls, they had some of the best singles out this year! You are the best! Keep it up girls, I hope see new and exciting things from 2NE1 in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment