Wednesday, October 26, 2011

K-Pop Obsession: Girl's Day Twinkle Twinkle

This weeks obsession is Girl's Day, "Twinkle Twinkle." Now there are two reasons why this particular music video is stuck in my head. It's not that I think Girl's Day is particulary special or talented, they have their own talents, but I don't believe they are more talented than say...After School. Number one, their video is funny and has a cutesy dance with memorable moves. I think I might actually try to learn this dance, haha! And number two, the chorus get's in your brain and stays there!

hajima hajima ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma
kajima kajima ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma
I love you

With that said, I also have to say this is some of the worst English grammar I have ever heard. "Hey Boy, You make me feel like weak girl. Don’t worry baby Now I’m falling love. With you." And for some reason, "Love Love in sweety mind." Okay, I have no idea what a sweety mind is...but I guess it matches that sweet, innocent image. I actually liked their concept for this video. This slapstick comedy is really funny and the main character, Min Ah, is suuuuper cute. I don't get why they're suddenly in baseball uniforms but the rest of the concept matches the lyrics pretty well.



Visual Concept: ♥♥♥/5 Video Concept: ♥♥♥/5 Singing Talent: ♥♥♥.5/5 Music/Sound: ♥♥♥♥/5 Dancing: ♥♥♥♥/5 English Usage: ♥.5/5

Overall Rating: ♥♥♥.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment