Sunday, December 18, 2011

Drama - Lie to Me

Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Network: SBS
Broadcasted: May 9, 2011 - June 28, 2011
Lead Actors: Yoon Eun Hye, Kang Ji Hwan, Sung Joon, Cho Youn Hee

My Rating: ♥♥♥.5/5














So I just finished this drama yesterday. It's been a while since I've really been "into" a drama. It all started when I thought I'd just watch the first episode to see if it was anything like the American "Lie to Me." Gotta say, the two are not even close. Lol. Plus my favorite actress Yoon Eun Hye is in it, so I instantly fell in love. Add the fact that you can watch all 16 episodes for free on Hulu and you've got a deal!

With that said there are a few minor things that bother me... The characters don't really develop at all! Even a main character's story line seems to be forgotten and loose ends left to hang. The drama moves from hilarious and witty female lead to mushy, unrealistic romance. No one really believes you can fall in love so deeply so quickly. Now it seems like every Korean drama there is always a really rich guy and a poor female. I am dying for something different! Pleaseeeeeee! And get this, the song Kung Fu Fighting, is used in it. I thought it was so out of place that I just bursted out laughing! No! No! No!

Basic Synopsis: It all starts when Ministry of Culture official, Gong Ah Jung lies to her friend to get back her that she's married. Little does she know her lie leads to her friends thinking she's married to CEO of World Hotel Hyun Ki Joon! To keep up the lie, Ah Jung has to convince Hyun Ki Joon to play along. All of which results in hilarious and romantic situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment