Wednesday, February 8, 2012

K-Pop Obsession: B.A.P's Warrior

This weeks obsession is "Warrior" from the new rookie group B.A.P. Let me say, I'm just blown away by their debut. It doesn't even seem like they're newbies!!! B.A.P. stands for Best Absolute Perfect, not Blonde Asian People. Yes I know, what a random set of words to put together. I watched Simon and Martina's (EatYourKimchi) review of the video and there are other boy bands with crazier acronyms (MBLAQ - Music Boys Live in Absolute Quality). I'm so glad they didn't start out with the "cute" image, they're so confident and talented! Way to go boys!

Before B.A.P. some of you have probably seen Zelo and Bang Yong Gook perform their other songs "Never Give Up" and "I Remember." I love, love, love "I Remember" but I don't think Bang Yong Gook's voice being so deep??? Bang Yong Gook is the leader and Zelo is the maknae (youngest member) of the group, you might recognize him for his cute curly hair, eyeliner and mask look. The group's mascot is this sort of Deadmau5 bunny figure, each member has their own specific bunny.

The video is well done, great production and quality. This song will creep into your brain with it's "diggy diggy dum diggy duuuuummm" repeats. I don't always care for Asian people with blonde hair, but this didn't bother me at all. I always look at Zelo because I think he has such adorable curly hair (he's 15)! Some of the rapping style I didn't much like but they are all talented dancers and singers.

Visual Concept: ♥♥♥♥/5 Video Concept: ♥♥♥♥/5 Singing Talent: ♥♥♥♥/5 Music/Sound: ♥♥♥♥/5 Dancing: ♥♥♥♥♥/5 English Usage: ♥♥♥/5

Overall Rating: ♥♥♥♥/5

No comments:

Post a Comment