Wednesday, February 1, 2012

K-Pop Obsession: Miryo's Dirty

Before I get started, I hope everyone got to see SNSD make their US Network debut yesterday on the David Letterman Show and their morning show debut on Live! With Kelly. Their performance was a little awkward on the Letterman Show, but they actually got the chance to talk and interact with Kelly today. I just wish they had a better English song to debut with...

Today's obsession is Miryo from Brown Eyed Girl's debut song "Dirty." I don't really like to listen to rap or R&B but I have a soft spot for the BEG girl's and Miryo is one of the strongest Korean female rappers out there. Have you seen some of her debut pictures? They are so cool, I don't know many women who can pull off blonde and brown hair like that!

First of all, the introduction to her music video is a little too familiar...I mean, it's almost exact to Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night." I really just sigh at that, I really don't want to read anymore comments about how Korean artists are copying Lady Gaga. We all know creativity is inspired by other works and it's really hard to be truly original. At first, I didn't think much about this song but after reading the translation, I think it's very fitting. Somehow, the music around me seems to fit exactly how I'm feeling right now.

Visual Concept: ♥♥♥/5 Video Concept: ♥♥♥/5 Singing Talent: ♥♥♥♥/5 Music/Sound: ♥♥♥.5/5 Dancing: N/A English Usage: ♥♥♥♥♥/5

Overall Rating: ♥♥♥♥/5

No comments:

Post a Comment